The Pastoral Training Course
Pastors Training Pastors.
“London Seminary trains and equips those who will proclaim the Gospel, preach the Bible, and practice Christlikeness, by in-depth teaching and practical instruction designed and delivered by outstanding preachers and church pastors with decades of experience.”
London Seminary Principal
Pastoral ministry requires not only a thorough grasp of Holy Scripture, but wisdom and maturity.
Pastoral training at London Seminary is taught by lifelong pastors for the next generation of preachers and leaders.
Rigorous learning is combined with a rich community life of genuine loving personal relationships and the careful application of Biblical truth to today’s complex world.
We offer a range of flexible delivery options: full-time (2 years), part-time (4 years), modular, in-person or remote.
The programme contains three main elements:
Comprehensive theological training, including:
- Hebrew and Greek, giving ability to read the Bible in its original languages
- Substantial modules in Old and New Testaments, Hermeneutics, and Biblical Theology, to inspire strong expository preaching from all parts of Scripture
- Systematic Theology and Church History, to provide in-depth understanding of the Bible’s major doctrines and see how they have been understood and developed through the history of the church
- Practical Theology and Contemporary Studies, to help accurately apply Biblical principles to the challenges and opportunities of Christian leadership and mission in the twenty-first century
Practical training, including:
- Opportunities to develop preaching and other gifts
- Ministry opportunities through local church membership and church placements
Spiritual formation and growth in godliness:
- Focus on devotion and godliness in morning worship and prayer partnerships
- Mentoring by Seminary staff and local church leadership