6 Online Sessions (2:00 pm - 4:00pm)
For the first half of 2023, we will focus on marriage and sexual ethics. We will read and discuss two rich and profound theological expositions of the Bible’s teaching.
From January to May 2023, we will read and discuss John Paul II’s seminal text, Man and Woman He Created Them, trans. Michael Waldstein (Boston: Pauline Books & Media, 2006), also known as Theology of the Body (TOB). Then, in June, we will consider a new translation of a sixteenth century Protestant classic, Girolamo Zanchi, The Spiritual Marriage Between Christ and the Church, trans. Patrick O’Banion (Grand Rapids: Reformation Heritage Books, 2021).
Both books will provide a deeper and broader grounding in sexual ethics, which will equip us to minister wisely in the midst of the challenges of our day.
Dates (All sessions run from 2-4pm):
- 16 January TOB Part I, Chap 1 (pp. 131-223)
- 20 February TOB Part I, Chap 2 (pp. 225-378)
- 20 March TOB Part I, Chap 3 (pp. 379-462)
- 17 April TOB Part II, Chap 1 (pp. 465-529)
- 15 May TOB Part II, Chaps 2-3 (pp. 531-663)
- 19 Jun Zanchi, Spiritual Marriage