Plant is a course from London Seminary that brings church planters together - to meet, think and discuss, to learn, ask and share.
Covering everything from casting a vision to avoiding common mistakes, Plant equips men to start and grow healthy churches.
Our course leaders bring a wealth of experience and knowledge, applying solid theological principles to church planting's big questions - why, what and who; where, when and how.
Plant South at London Seminary
Plant North at City Church Manchester
Duration: Seven days throughout the year, beginning September 2019. The cost of the course also includes the two-day City to City UK DNA download workshop, which will take place in January 2021.
Course content varies slightly from year to year, and according to location.
Topics are selected from the list opposite, and outlines for 2019/20 are below:
Plant South 2019/20
Plant North 2019/20
Times: 9:30 - 16:00
Apply: Please fill in the form at the bottom of this page, indicating in your application which location you are applying for.
- The biblical mandate for church planting
- The strategic importance of church planting
- A Gospel vision for church planting
Who should be church-planting?
- Who should be a church-planter (character & competence)?
- Establishing and developing a core team
- The church-planter, spouse, and family (understanding the issues that impact a marriage)
Case studies - What type of plant?
- Re-planting or church revitalisation
- Planting a multi-site church
- Planting in a rural context
- Planting in an inner-city context
- Calvin the church-planter
- Missional community
How to Plant
- What needs to be done before you plant a church?
- What to do? When to plant? How to launch and plan for the first 12 months
- Seven stages of a church plant (understanding the life-cycle of a church plant)
- Casting a compelling vision
- Shaping a missional culture
- Developing and maintaining a gospel culture
- Contextualisation - understanding the community you are seeking to reach
- Creating a disciple-making culture
- Gathering the senior saints
- Preaching in a planting context
- SMART-ER goals: Setting goals that really work
- The finances of church planting
- Partnerships with other churches: why, who and how
- Ten most common mistakes in planting and how to avoid them