We aim to give students a sound grasp of the unfolding of God's plan of redemption, as it is revealed in the Bible. We help students:
- Understand the genres in which the Bible is written.
- Get to grips with the issues addressed in the different books of the Bible.
- Understand the theology that underpins different parts of the Bible.
- Develop the ability to exegete biblical passages accurately.
Main lecturers: David Green
- Introduction to the Old Testament
- The Former Prophets & Chronicles
- The Latter Prophets
- Exilic, Post-Exilic and Inter-Testamental period and literature
- Psalms and Wisdom Literature
Lectures take place approximately fortnightly on Tuesdays, 10:20 - 16:00.
OLD TESTAMENT THEOLOGY
- Spirit and Believer in the Old Testament
- Sanctuary Theology
- Sacrifice and Atonement
- The Day of the Lord
- Creation Theology
- What is Man?
- Israel and the Nations
- Text and Canon of the Old Testament
Lectures take place on six Wednesday mornings per year, 10:20 - 13:00.