WE AIM TO GIVE STUDENTS A SOUND GRASP OF THE UNFOLDING OF GOD'S PLAN OF REDEMPTION, AS IT IS REVEALED IN THE BIBLE. WE HELP STUDENTS:
- Understand the genres in which the Bible is written.
- Get to grips with the issues addressed in the different books of the Bible.
- Understand the theology that underpins different parts of the Bible.
- Develop the ability to exegete biblical passages accurately.
Main lecturers: Mike Gilbart-Smith, Bill James
- Introduction to the New Testament
- New Testament Text and Canon
- The New Testament use of the Old Testament
- The Acts of the Apostles
- Pauline Epistles
- General Epistles
Lectures take place approximately fortnightly on Thursdays, 10:20 - 16:00.
NEW TESTAMENT THEOLOGY
- The Coming of the Kingdom
- Pauline Ethics for the Believer and the Church
- The Spirit, the Believer, and the Church
- Christ: Fulfillment and Hope
- Christ our Salvation
- The New Covenant
Lectures take place on three Thursdays per year, 10:20 - 16:00.