Plant is a course from London Seminary that brings church planters together - to meet, think and discuss, to learn, ask and share.
Covering everything from casting a vision to avoiding common mistakes, Plant equips men to start and grow healthy churches.
Meeting for seven days spread over a year, we apply solid theological principles to church planting’s big questions – why, what and who; where, when and how.
Our course leaders and participants bring a wealth of experience and knowledge. The course also includes the City to City UK DNA download (two day workshop), which will take place on 29 and 30 January 2019.
The Plant Course runs in London (Plant South) and in Manchester (Plant North). Places are available from September 2018.
The cost of the course is £550.
COURSE SESSION 1 – WHY, WHO & WHEN OF PLANTING
- The biblical mandate for planting
- The strategic place of church planting
- Who should be a church-planter (character & competence)
- Establishing and developing a core team
- The church-planter, spouse, and family (understanding the issues that impact a marriage)
- What needs to be done before you plant a church?
- When to plant – How to launch & plan for the first 12 months?
COURSE SESSION 2 – CASE STUDIES – TYPE OF PLANT
- Re-planting or church revitalisation
- Calvin the church planter
- Missional community
COURSE SESSION 3 – SKILL SLOT – ‘HOW’ TO PLANT
- Casting a compelling vision
- Reaching out to the community – shaping a missional culture
- Contextualisation – understanding the community you are seeking to reach
- Creating a disciple-making culture
- Preaching in a planting context
- Seven stages of a church plant (understanding the life-cycle of a church plant)
- Ten most common mistakes in planting and how to avoid them