We aim to give students a sound grasp of the unfolding of God's plan of redemption, as it is revealed in the Bible. We help students:
- Understand the genres in which the Bible is written.
- Get to grips with the issues addressed in the different books of the Bible.
- Understand the theology that underpins different parts of the Bible.
- Develop the ability to exegete biblical passages accurately
Main lecturers: David Green, James Mulroney
- Introduction to the Old Testament
- Old Testament Text and Canon
- The Former Prophets & Chronicles
- The Latter Prophets
- Exilic, Post-Exilic and Inter-Testamental period and literature
- Psalms and Wisdom Literature
Main lecturers: Robert Strivens, Mike Gilbart-Smith, Luke Jenner
- Introduction to the New Testament
- New Testament Text and Canon
- The Acts of the Apostles
- Pauline Epistles
- General Epistles
Biblical Theology Days
Once each term, Old and New Testament classes combine to look at an important theme as it unfolds throughout the Bible.
Over three years, the subjects covered are:
- Fellowship with God
- Israel and the Nations
- The NT use of the OT
- What is Man?
- The Child and The Promise
- Sacrifice and Atonement
- The Spirit and the Believer